Monday, May 27, 2013

Day 8 Studio
A short but very sweet session today as Adam got called into his new job. I rented a lovely Martin D 28 for the day with a free rental coupon from Long and Mcquade that I won from CIRAA (Canadian Independent Recording Artists Association). Artist members can enter monthly draws to win cash and rental awards I have won 4 rentals and $100 twice!  I put the Martin to good use today and we really loved the sound, it was punchier and deeper than my Simon Patrick Luthier though I still love her the best. I recorded the title track with the Martin and did the song in  just 2 takes as well the free flowing finger picking intro just rang out so beautifully. Next up was I Found You and this heartfelt one is going to be of a more pure and sparse production without drums but uplifting harmonies. I am so very happy with my playing on this gentle tune and Adam concurred the rental guitar was worth it  for this song alone!

No comments:

Blog Archive