Monday, July 22, 2013

Norine Launches Conventus The Eye of the Heart Pre-Order and Media Help Campaign


Norine Braun Conventus Pre-Order

0 Commentsby Norine Braun - Jul 22, 2013

Help get Conventus The Eye of the Heart launched with an advance purchase known as a pre-sale.

Conventus The Eye of the Heart is my new and ninth album born out of life’s unions and connections and the word Conventus is Latin for union or coming together. The past couple of years I encountered many unions in different disguises. I was diagnosed and cured of colon cancer. I underwent a colon resection surgery last December and I am forever grateful for early detection and the skilled doctors and good care I received. This experience was a catalyst for me to record this album. As I lay in my hospital bed in January, I listened to my roughly recorded demos of these songs and I let them show me the way to health. Music was a healing activity that held my interest and focus in my recovery. The intro for the song Conventus was a lullaby I wrote 2 weeks before surgery and the song comes from a deep inner place of love. The music felt so powerful and I encountered a coming together as I listened to these songs in my healing. When I returned home I completed Conventus as the rest of the song seemed to write itself. I contemplated at how there was a theme of union running through each of these songs and the concept of the album emerged.

This past year I also embraced a most magnificent union. I married my partner of 25 years on Halloween 2012 the anniversary of our first meeting. Our hearts were joined long ago but with a deeper realization of the preciousness of life I wanted to seize the moment and celebrate our great love and anniversary. In 2012 and 2013 I watched my partner and her mother slowly change their roles as my mother-in-law’s dementia advanced. I witnessed a great love, a wonder and amazement in the strength of a mother and daughter coming together to go through this challenging life transition. I looked at the union in my own family of origin relationship and how my life’s journey as an adoptee has greatly shaped who I am and my gratitude for receiving so many gifts in my life. All of these unions, union of self and body, self and spirit, family union, union of love and marriage are found in the creation of these songs and my new album.

This music is the most important music I have ever written but it’s not only my story, it’s also your story in fact it’s our story, it’s everybody’s story. We have all known someone who felt lonely, defeated, betrayed, rejected, scared, and yet found the strength to get back up, fight and win. We all know when we find that union with someone, something or within ourselves we can overcome and celebrate and cherish everything. This is what Conventus is about for me and this is the path that I am on. The path has led me here to you. I want to be able to help those who have gone through similar experiences by sharing mine. I am so thrilled to invite all of you to help in this process. That makes this new album much more special.

The recording process is now entering the final stages with mixing and mastering. Conventus is truly the best work I have ever done and deserves to be heard and embraced by as many people as possible. I am always challenged when describing my music because for me music has to be experienced not explained but to give you a sense of direction or genres I am in keeping in my most soulful, bluesy funk and roots rock oriented tradition. For radio the new album will fit into an AAA format. I am blessed that Vancouver’s finest musicians have joined me again on the musical journey for Conventus. The amazing Adam Popowitz has produced, engineered and performed guitar/ bass on Conventus, the groovemeister Elliot Polsky performs on drums and percussion. Queen of the Trills Alice Fraser (my spouse) performs on keys and the Harmonica King Huggybear performs on blues harp and penny whistle.

The goal of this campaign is to raise funds to get Conventus released and publicized with the pre-sales of the new album and assorted offerings. Funds raised go toward the manufacturing/pressing, shipping, promotion both online and local publicity, marketing and music video production.

Thank you for taking the time to read about this campaign and my new project. I will continue to work hard and do my very best. Please know I deeply appreciate your support in this pre-order campaign and my music. I wish you good health, great joy and love in all of your unions. “Alis grave nil” - Nothing is heavy to those who have wings.

Love Always,

Norine

PS Please let your friends, Facebook friends and Twitter followers know that you think this is valuable and they should support it. In other words: click those "Share" buttons!

$1 and you get the first single as a digital mp3 at least a week prior to release.

$10 gets you a digital download of Conventus at least 1 week before the official release

$20 a copy of a signed Conventus The Eye of the Heart and the digital download at least 1 week before official release

$50 for all of the above and a cool Conventus tee shirt +1 cd for a friend, you’re gonna love Conventus so much you will want to share it!


$100 and your name listed forever as a Great Benefactor of the Heart in the Conventus liner notes, a signed cd, tee shirt + 4 cds for your friends, because once you hear the album you will want to share Conventus with more than just one friend J


$150 for all of the above plus Norine’s entire catalogue a complete library of 8 cds. Know that Modern Anguish, Miles To Go, Acoustically Inclined and Norine Braun and the Mood Swings will soon be available only as digital copies so these limited cds are destined to soon become collector items!


$250 for all of the above plus a usb containing the collected works of Norine Braun (including digital singles and ep), songbook pdf, music videos, posters, promo shots. This is a very special package for those who want it all.

$500 for all of the above plus at a mutually agreeable time and place a home concert for you and all your friends. The concert will be performed as a duo with Alice on keys (plus travel expenses of course if it’s not local or on our tour schedule) or as a private skype concert from our home to yours J

No comments:

Blog Archive