Friday, September 12, 2008

I ventured over to Crosstown Studios yesterday where Allan Rodger engineered and set up the live recording. It was good to see him again. I sat in the very warm, little isolation booth (not for folks with claustrophobia!) for about 4 hours playing 7 songs several times each. I am not sure I would take this approach again as it was tiring and hard to get a fresh attitude for each tune. I think it works great as a pre-production tool though and does capture the live sound. I am quite happy with There’s a Long, Long Trail A Winding, the song from 1915, penned by Stoddard King and music by Zo Elliot. I played the harmonica on this one and we captured the haunting Waltons idea. I like Human Kindness ,too, but there is work to be done on the rest. I played free form without click track or metronome in the headphones and in hindshite I think I will always request this.
This Saturday I am visiting the studios of PD Wohl, local singer-songwriter guy with studio to see what we can do with Little Girl. The nice thing about doing acoustic tracks as opposed to studio productions is you can visit and work with a variety of engineers and studios and see how they work without greatly affecting the overall album sound.

Talk again soon! luvnb


">Link

No comments:

Blog Archive